- 2 medium head napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoon grated galic
- 2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 5 to 6 table spoons seafood flavor(according to your taste)
- 1 to 10 tablespoon Korean red pepper flakes ‘gochugaru’
- 16 ounces Korean radish or daikonpeeled and cut into matchsicks
- 16 ounces shredded Korean radish
- 8 scallions, trimmed and cut into small pieces
Cut the cabbage lengthwise into quarters.
Place the cabbage and salt in a large bowl. Put the salt into the cabbage and then add water to cover the cabbage. Let stand for 1 to 2 hours.
3. Rinse and drain
Rinse the salted cabbage with cold water and drain in a colander for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Make the paste
Combine the crushed garlic, ginger, suger, gochugaru, and seafood flavor in a bowl and mix them.
Squeeze any remaining water from the cabbage and return it to the bowl along with the radish, scallions, and seasoning paste.
Put the paste into the vegetables until they are thoroughly coasted.
Pack the kimchi into the jar(or any plastic container), pressing down on it.
8. Let it ferment
Let the jar stand at room temperature for 1 to 5 days. You may see bubbles inside the jar. It is in the natural order of things.