GKS for ASEAN countries’ Science and Engineering Students
– To provide students with in-depth academic training in science and engineering fields and invaluable experiences in Korea
– To nurture future leaders who will contribute to the development of the global society and further friendship between Korea and their home countries.
July ~ August (6 weeks)
120 undergraduate students in total
Scope of support
a. NIIED and/or the training institutions will be responsible for the roundtrip air ticket, room and board during the duration of the program, and traveler’s insurance.
b. Participants will be responsible for transportation fare in his/her country, visa fees, etc.
a. Choose one of the 5 designated Korean universities* according to your major. You can choose only one of the five universities for your application. You are not allowed to apply to more than one university. Multiple applications will be disqualified during the final selection process.
* The available universities will be posted on the website in late March.
b. Submit required documents to the chosen application office.
* Required Documents
① Completed Application Form
② Self-Introduction and Research Plan
③ Proof of Enrollment from University Currently Enrolled in
④ Original Sealed Transcript from Current University
⑤ A Letter of Recommendation from an Academic Source
⑥ A Copy of the Passport Information Page
* Note : Additional documents may be required from the university you apply to. For documents ①, ② and ⑤, you should use the provided template.
a. Be a citizen of one of the 10 ASEAN countries*
* Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam
b. Be enrolled in the second to fourth year as an undergraduate student who majors in science or engineering in a university/college located in one of the 10 designated ASEAN countries
c. Be fluent in either English or Korean
* Priority will be given to applicants with Korean fluency.
d. Be mentally and physically healthy
e. Have the ability and willingness to adapt to Korean culture and life in Korea
GPA, English or Korean fluency, Research plan, Recommendation letter, etc.