EPS-TOPIK Test (also called KLT) is conducted by Ministry of Employment and Labor of South Korea for the selection of foreigner workers to work in Korean manufacturing units, construction sites, agriculture etc. It tests the language skills of potential foreign employees to make sure that they can perform their duties in Korea efficiently and can also lead their everyday life without any language problems. Based on the EPS-TOPIK score they make a list of eligible foreign job seekers who can then apply for jobs and get proper working visa(E-9).
Eligibility for EPS TOPIK
- Person should be aged between 18 and 39
- Person should not have any criminal record in relation to serious offence punishable by imprisonment
- Person should not have any past records of deportation or departure under a departure order from the Republic of Korea
- Person should not be subject to travel ban in his/her home country
- Person should fulfill the eligibility requirements decided by both countries
Structure of EPS TOPIK
- EPS TOPIK Test duration is 70 Minutes and total marks are 200.
- The Test has two sections – Listening and Reading.
|Section||Number of questions||Duration||Total Score|
- All the questions are multiple choice where you have to choose one right answer out of 4 options.
- The EPS TOPIK tests i) basic communication skills, ii) knowledge of words and phrases used in industry and iii) understanding of Korean business and work culture.
You should get 80 out of 200 marks to pass but the final selection will be done depending on requirement and number of applicants.
You can download the Standard textbook for EPS TOPIK.
If you want to get more information about Korean visas please click the botton.